Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blog #3 Personal Statement

Sometimes I wonder how my family life would be like if this person didn't help us. How do we make a living? Where do we live? and Is there a future of us? This person has not only impacted my life but my whole family. Without her, my family wouldn't be where we are right now. The person that I love, respect, and value is my Grandma. She is the most amazing person ever!

Eleven years ago, I wasn't here in Omaha, Nebraska. I was born in Vietnam and lived there for 5 years. My Grandma move to Nebraska from Vietnam when I was 3 1/2 and I remember crying so much when we took her to the airport. Without knowing any english or anyone, my grandparents, aunts, and uncle moved to Nebraska and worked very hard. I remember hearding storys about my grandparents having to wake up at 4 am and go to work till 4 pm. The job that they had was not a good paying job at all, but what job can you get at that time when you're new here and didn't speak any english. They work very hard and save up money and send it back to Vietnam for my family so we can have a good life and to pay for my education.

After two years, my grandparents did alot of papers works so we can come here and have a better life. For us moving here was hard but we were luckier than my grandparents because we have them and they didn't have anyone. My parents appriciate all the things my grandparents did for us. All the things they did for us, we can never repaid them back. I know that is not only my Grandma that I should look up too because my Grandpa contributed a lot too but my Grandma stand out so much.

She is the most bravest caring loving person I've known beside my parents. She work hard for all of her kids and provided them everything they needed. As a grandma, she takes care of me and all my little siblings and cousins. She is a great woman but trouble always seem to be coming at her but, she always faces them and would get passed it. Without her, I wouldn't even be here right now typing this out for you. All of the things that my family earned, we have to thank my Grandma for it. When I move out of state for college, (its like my Grandma moving to Nebraska without knowing anyone ) I will not know anyone and all I have is myself. I will be brave and work hard like my Grandma because I know good things will come to people who are hardworking. She is my motivation and I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment