Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blog #1 Residential Life with Student Scholars

When I was accepted into Summer Scholars of 2010, I was really excited and couldn't wait for it to start. The day before I move into Scott Hall, I was really excited and was eager to know who my roommates were. When I move in, I met my roommates and they were really nice and quiet . We didn't really talk much but, when we do it's about who's going to shower first. Being in this program has helped me gained confident and truly bring me out of my shell( comfort zone).



I have made so many new friends from different schools and we got to know a lot about each other. When I first move into the dorms, I didn't really know anyone and I was scared. I though I wouldn't make any friends because most of the people already knew each other. My all time favorite activities that we did was the co-op team building at Camp Carol Joy Holling. I made a bunch of new friends and learn how to rely on your friends and trust them through those dangerous obsticle. If it wasn't for Summer Scholars, I would never get the chance to do it! So I was wrong, I did made a lot of new friends, I just need to get to know them and be open minded .


As days past, living in the dorm with my roommates, I got to know them better. They are really nice friendly people but you have to take time to know them. I shouldn't judge a book by its cover because I did. I really hope we had more time to stay at Scott Hall because its sad that when you get to know that person really well, you have to leave. I really enjoy staying at Scott Hall with my friends and it gave me a good experience time living in dorms when I'm going to move out for college. The people there was amazing, the food was great, and the RTA's were really helpful when you needed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment