Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog #2 My First Week as a College Student

I am not ready to be a college student yet, but being in this program has given me a head start to know how it feels like to be in college. The class that I enrolled in was Speech. When I enrolled in this class, I though it was a regular Speech class where you talk and do presentation in front of your classmate but, it wasn't. The Speech class that I enrolled for was Speech but it was Communication in small group. At first I though I wouldn't like this class because I have classmates that are range from 30-40 years old and it was really weird. After a week in this classs I was fascinated by how much I've learned from those grown-ups and I really appreciated it .

My professor is very spontaneous and outgoing. The way she teaches our class is very easy to understand and she doesn't make us fall asleep. We have quizzes every other day and study group is a really important class because when I read the chapters I wouldn't get it but, when we have study group, we go over everything and its very helpful to me. My RTA is very helpful and outgoing. She knows how to direct a group and help us with our reading.

UNO campus is huge, compare nothing to Bryan High which is very small. In high school, walking to class was pretty close. At UNO walking to class and parking is quite long but I don't really mind because its good exercise. In high school when you want to go to the restroom, guidance, or nurse, you have to sign your agenda and have permission to go. College is so much different! You can just walk out of class without asking when you need to do something or go somewhere. I really like it because it shows that you can be responsible and they trust you.
Going through this program, I learned a lot of things about myself and made new friends that I know will impact my life in a good way!

No comments:

Post a Comment